Use of plastic money has surged since demonetization hit the country hard. With liquid cash been largely unavailable,urban middle-class Indian is forced to transact using credit or debit card. Before demonetization too credit cards were in high demand in Indian credit card market, but post demonetization usage on credit and debit cards have increased to a greater extent.
However, banks these days are not so enthusiastic to offer credit to new customers and existing customers may also see some decrease in their credit limits due to increase in NPAs of most of the banks. Despite of impressive growth seen in Indian credit segment, getting a credit card these days is becoming tougher day-by-day.
Here are 5 best Indian Credit Cards in 2018:
#1 Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
This is the only cash back card available in the market which gives 5% cash back on your grocery, Super market and departmental stores spends. Though minimum transaction should be Rs.1000 in order to get cash back, but this not a big amount if you are spending in Super markets.
Conditions for cash back:
- Minimum transaction should be 1000 rupees
- Maximum cashback of 150 per transaction
- Maximum cashback of 500 per month
Joining fee Rs.499+S.T (Waived off if you spend Rs. 30,000 in the first year)
Renewal fees Rs. 999+S.T from second year onwards (Waived off if you spend Rs. 60,000 in a year)
#2 Citibank Cashback Card
This card is best for paying online utility bills/ Movies / Telecom Bills etc.
- 5% Cash Back on movie ticket purchases.
- 5% Cash Back on all your telephone bill payments.
- 5% Cash Back on all your utility bill payments made online through Citibank Online Bill Pay.
- 0.5% Cash Back on all other spends.
- Cash back in the Telephone / Movies / Utility category is capped at Rs.100 per month for each category
Joining and Renewal fees: Rs.500+S.T
#3 Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
This card is best for fuel spends, paying utility, Telecom bills etc
- 5% cash back on fuel at all petrol pumps in India. You will receive a 2.5% surcharge reversal and 2.5% cash back on the transaction amount at any petrol pump, be it BPCL, IOC, HPCL or Reliance
- 5% cash back on all telecom payments including phone bills across all service providers, be it Vodafone, Airtel, MTNL , Reliance, BSNL or TATA Indicomm
- 5% cash back on all utility bill payments, allowing you to save more on electricity, gas and water
Conditions for cash back:
- Minimum transaction amount for cashback eligibility is INR 750
- Maximum cashback per transaction is INR 100
- Maximum cashback per month is INR 500
- Rs.100 spend on all categories except fuel, telecom & utilities = 1 Rewards Points
Joining fees: Rs. 499+S.T (Waived off if you spend Rs. 30,000 in the first year)
Annual Fee Year 1: Nil
Renewal fees from 2nd year onwards Rs.750+S.T (Waived off if you spend Rs. 60,000 in a year)
#4 Yes First Exclusive Card
This Card is best for frequent Foreign Travelers and Bloggers who transact frequently on foreign e-commerce portals as it offeres lowest in the Industry FCY Markup fees i.e 1.75%+S.T.
Eligibility for YES FIRST Preferred Credit Card
1: Age Criteria: Minimum 21 years to maximum 60 years
2: Salaried or Self Employed
3: Minimum Gross Salary (Annual) or Annual Income of INR 18 Lakhs.
Joining and Annual fees: Rs 2,500 + Applicable Taxes
#5 American Express Gold Card
- Get a Tanishq voucher worth Rs. 2,000 on joining
- Get 1,000 bonus reward points on 4 card swipes per month on transactions of Rs. 1,000 and above
- Receive 1 reward point when you spend Rs. 50 on all purchases, save for fuel, insurance, cash transactions, and utilities
- Earn up to 20% off on dining at particular restaurants
- Enjoy 3% cash back at leading fuel stations in India
- Receive 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver at HPCL fuel stations
- Get 2 free supplementary gold credit cards
- Zero liability of lost card
- Flexible spending without any predefined credit limit
- Redeem reward points from wonderful 24 carat and 18 carat gold collection, statement credit, good earth gift cards, and more
- Earn 5,000 reward points on renewing your credit card after the first year
- Joining fees: Rs. 1,000
- Annual fees: Rs. 4,500
Which of the above Card would you like to pick or is your favorite? It’s a new year so go ahead and choose one of the credit cards for yourself out of these five as per your preferences.